Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of THANKFUL FOR: day 1

I am thankful for all of my fellow MOMs who inspire me to be a better person!  

I should start off with a thankful for creative, inspiring people like.Martha who is a regular blogger, and put out the challenge to blog 30 days of thankful!  I could call it inspirational moms, who remind me that it is possible to forget the drudgery part of parenting, and remember to focus on and cultivate the good stuff!  A little effort can change my whole outlook around, making the recording moments of my life a more memorable, positive experience, rather than a groundhog day, overwhelming, blur!  (Yes, this morning, I am mostly seeing overwhelming blur.  But, I'm working on it.)

Everyday things these moms do that make my world a better place:

  • Group call outs to get together - I love this!
  • ride sharing
  • coffee loving
  • book reading 
  • Moral lifting phone calls
  • Even better moral lifting face to face
  • Sharing the holidays with my family
  • Getting together to make anything more fun
  • shopping
  • fund raising - sure!  even selling me stuff, and buying my kids stuff
  • "The exchanging of the philosophy" - as my Auntie Fran would call it
  • networking, on every level imaginable 
  • listening
  • advising
  • getting me off my butt to go do something
  • sharing 
    • good deals
    • stories
    • positive thoughts
    • struggles
    • food
    • ideas
    • and time


And your right Martha!  I am leaving this 30 days of thankful assignment feeling like a very lucky person, who indeed, has so many of these moms/friends in my life that I don't dare try to list them all!

Happy November 1st!  









1 comment:

  1. Hey, cool you are joining in...it really has helped me focus on that other holiday between zombies and Santa, and I feel good about it. Not every day needs t be a thoughtful entry like this, but it is fun to get the creative writing juices going a couple times during the month.

    ReplyDelete

What’s all the fuss

im blogging to see if a few years from now this was really the beginning of the end for PPG. As I think it is.  I have to stay off Facebook ...