Sunday, November 24, 2013

DAY 24 - Nana's gonna be OK!

Thankful.

Wow.  I'm thankful for many things today, (and I've taken a half month break from my thankful postings).

That things weren't ALOT worse!  I have lots of feelings swishing around lately, and one of them is guilt!  Guilt at how relieved I feel having my mom safe and sound at a rehab center.

So although mom fell and broke her hip, needing hip surgery, and now having to go through rehab for around 6 weeks, I am very thankful that my mom is OK.  She's in a great place for her recovery journey.  She's starting to settle in and meet people.  The wheels of change are now turning because of this game changing incident, and most of those changes will be for the better.

I realize I've been sort of holding my breath, waiting for something to happen, oh, for about 3 years now! Now we can move from the intellectual approach of wouldn't you have a better quality of life if you were to be in a retirement, residential setting; to, an emotional, that can never happen again!

     

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear she is going to be ok. Yes, most of the time there is a tipping (or in your case a falling) point where change is forced upon us. And you know what, this is ok...it makes it easier for everyone to buy into the need to consider and execute a plan. Prayers and well wishes for all of you!

    ReplyDelete

What’s all the fuss

im blogging to see if a few years from now this was really the beginning of the end for PPG. As I think it is.  I have to stay off Facebook ...