Friday, January 3, 2014

Awh - Last Day with BJ

We know it's for the best.  Nana only had BJ since summer time, but he sure was a good boy!  Good company!  Now that she's in an apartment, it's proven just too overwhelming for mom to try to manage the dog.  Part of the problem is that Nana still seems to be of the opinion that humans shouldn't have to live in apartment buildings, let alone dogs.

Serendipity - Fortuitousness - Carol Haman and I both went to coffee this week . . . Carol talking about their beloved old Jack Russell terrier getting old, and me about Nana.  I started simmering on it, and called Carol so that she could simmer on it too, badda boom badda bing (actually, It was an emotional roller-coaster ride with Roberta, fueled by her memory problems - ugh!  I'm so glad it's done!) BJ is the newest member of the Hamon clan!  Lucky everybody!  It feels good, it feels right, and we can visit if we want.)

I sure hope they enjoy him as much as I think they will, and I know BJ will be very happy with their boys, Corky, and Carol and Phil.  It was very reassuring to see BJ and Corky looking out the front door at us, wagging their little tails in unison, and then toddling off together into the house.  Farewell BJ!  You will be missed.




 

1 comment:

  1. What a bittersweet ending...but I know with all my heart that BJ has found a forever home with the Hamans, and knowing that he is just down the street, I can somehow picture him becoming a bit of a therapy dog to Nana when she needs a little puppy love!

    Hang in there on the blogging, see...you print that first book and bam, you think, yeah this is fun and easy way to keep a journal!

    ReplyDelete

What’s all the fuss

im blogging to see if a few years from now this was really the beginning of the end for PPG. As I think it is.  I have to stay off Facebook ...