Saturday, January 11, 2014

You say apartment, I say Home for the Slightly Bewildered

Well, at least she still has her sense of humor.  (This post Title is inspired by a Nana quote today.)

I'm a busy gal, so I gotta make this short.  I went in to work today, Saturday, and spent the first 2 hours just fixing my calendar.  On several Thursdays this semester, I will have 1:15 minutes of Language class, to be followed by 4 hours of Linguistics class.  I'm hoping they help me figure out why they think it's best to teach the phonetically challenged that "ex"  sounds like /e/g/s/., "ax" sounds like /a/k/s/ I can buy, but /e/g/s/?  And, why I have to spend time trying to convince them that /aw/ and /o/ are completely different sounds, when everyone who thinks the sky is blue - can't tell the difference.

Good night!  I'll take my petty phoneme problems to bed tonight.  Until then, I'll be reading Life after Life.  Pretty good so far.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

What’s all the fuss

im blogging to see if a few years from now this was really the beginning of the end for PPG. As I think it is.  I have to stay off Facebook ...